This page contains pieces of text I thought were written particularly well.
Politically correct happy holidays
Wishing you a Satisfactory Event
Be mindful of all local, state, and federal safety regulations during this work-free interval.
This space intentionally left blank.
I've worked at some places you may have heard of, and others you may not have: <list of companies>. I could say I focus on <>, all of which is true, but I like to think I work on whatever is necessary to make a company successful.
Notepad, thoughts out loud, learning in public, misunderstandings, mistakes. undiluted opinions. I'm <>, an itinerant developer. I live (and try to work in) <> on the south coast of England. Please don't mistake me for an expert in anything. I love technology and programming, but make no claims to be any good at it. Much of what you read here may be poorly thought out, wrong, or just plain dangerous.
Copyright © 1998–2010 Samat Jain. All rights reserved unless otherwise specified.
Copyright © 1998–2010 Samat Jain. All rights reserved. No reproduction permitted without prior written consent.
CC licensing snippet
This site and its contents are provided to you under the terms of a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike license, version 3.0:
- Except as otherwise noted, you are free to reuse anything you find on this site, but you must attribute the original work to Do projects. (We ask that you not do so in any way suggesting that we endorse you or your use of the work.)
- You may not use this work for commercial purposes.
- If you alter, transform, or build upon this work, you may distribute the resulting work only under a license specifying conditions that are the same or substantively similar to this one.
The full terms of this license may be seen here.The content of this website is protected by the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported (CC BY-SA 3.0) license, unless otherwise indicated.
Another CC licensing snippet
The content of this website is protected by the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported (CC BY-SA 3.0) license, unless otherwise indicated.
You are free to:
- to share → To copy, distribute and transmit the work.
- to Remix → To adapt the work.
- to make commercial use of the work.
Under the following conditions:
- Attribution: You must attribute the work in the manner specified by the author or licensor (but not in any way that suggests that they endorse you or your use of the work).
- Share Alike: If you alter, transform, or build upon this work, you may distribute the resulting work only under the same or similar license to this one.
To learn more about Creative Commons licenses, you can watch the Get Creative video which explains how it works.
If you've any questions or doubts, do not hesitate to contact me!
Another copyright snippet
All works including texts, diagrams, and data, provided on this site are subject to the policy outlined below except where the works are:
- Explicitly covered by a different policy.
- (Or) Cached versions of work from external sites or authors. (in which case the policy of the external site should prevail).
Any material covered by this policy may be reproduced either in part or whole without financial or other obligation PROVIDED clear acknowledgement of the source is given.
To be specific this site is covered by a Creative Commons Attribution License v3.0 (all jurisdictions).
(Disclaimer of) Warranty
THIS INFORMATION IS PROVIDED ‘AS IS’ AND ANY EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF ACCURACY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE ARE DISCLAIMED.
IN NO EVENT SHALL THE WEBSITE OWNER OR ITS CONTRIBUTORS BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES (INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, RECOMPENSE FOR THE LOSS OF A BLISSFUL STATE OF IGNORANCE, EXPOSURE OF CHERISHED PREJUDICES AND BELIEFS TO THE CORROSIVE EFFECTS OF INCISIVE AND INFORMED ANALYSIS, BUSINESS DISRUPTION DUE TO THE DEVELOPMENT OF A SOCIAL CONSCIENCE, ANY PROTEST AGAINST INJUSTICE (AND ITS PROGENITORS) HOWEVER CAUSED AND ON ANY THEORY OF LIABILITY, WHETHER IN CONTRACT, STRICT LIABILITY, OR TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE OR OTHERWISE) ARISING IN ANY WAY OUT OF THE USE OF THESE IDEAS AND INFORMATION, EVEN IF ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGE.
Please note that I take the liberty to delete any comments posted here that I deem inappropriate, off-topic, or insulting. And I excercise this liberty quite agressively. So yes, if you comment here, I might censor you. If you don't want to be censored your are welcome to comment on your own blog instead.
Name for comments section: reactions, thoughts, comments, etc
I look forward to intelligent, interactive communication on this website and welcome and encourage comments. However, please keep comments relevant to a post's topic, please make sure links within comments are relevant, and keep tone and language free of obscenities and offensive material. All comments are moderated as a spam precaution only, and all spam will be deleted. Additionally, we reserve the right to not publish a comment.
I have a few simple comment rules:
- unfair tactics
- comment spam
- shilling or trolling
(b) stay on topic, and
(c) if you're anonymous, use a handle so we can distinguish you from other anonymous commenters.
Thanks for commenting.