- Brazil, Russia, India, China, and optionally South Africa (BRICS), or Indonesia (BRIICS)
- cost of acquisition (CAC)
- Cost of acquiring a customer, inclusive of advertising, etc.
- Compensating differential
Difference between the wage rate and the unpleasantness, risk, or other undesirable attributes of a particular job. Wikipedia: Compensating differential.
- Google, Apple, Facebook, and Amazon. Large, public tech companies.
- keystone markup
- Pricing an item sold in retail for double its cost of manufacture. E.g. pricing a cell phone that costs $200 to make at $400.
- lifetime value (LTV)
- Net profit a customer will yield over the lifetime of the relationship with the customer
- Opposite of a monopoly, such that there many sellers but few buyers. Buyers market vs. sellers market.
Netlfix, AirBnb, Tesla, Uber. Large tech companies posed to replace GAFA.